Sunday 26 April 2009

Magic Number.

We all have our favourite songs, despite how embrrasing or un-cool they may be. We’ve asked some of the U.K’s top bands what their top three favourite songs are of al time, no secrets to be kept.





JAMES - PULLED APART BY HORSES

1. Cursive - The Recluse
A woeful tale of a man who misses being in bed with a long lost love. He moves from bed to bed and woman to woman but cant quite find home. Heart breaking stuff. Us rockers like to cry as well you know. Sometimes. Well, now and again.

2. Rage Against The Machine - Bulls on Parade
Man/Woman pushes button on stereo to turn it on, they then insert CD, turns up volume very high, they then skip to said track and press play 'BANG'. What a riff and intro. I'm sure you could start a car engine with that intro actually.

3. Scott Walker - On Your Own Again
This is one of the most moving pieces of music ever written in my opinion. I love the way its builds up with trings and then winds back down at the end. I’m sure I played this to a girl in my room when I was younger and she thought I was gay. Look at me now though, I’m pretty much gay.


Lets Wrestle. - Wesley Patrick Gonzalez

1. Ledge - Fleetwood Mac
from their great underrated record tusk its amazing this song lindsey buckingham is obviously trying to go all new wave but the way the song is written and recorded is bloody marvelous

2. Savoy Truffle - The Beatles
we used to do something illegal whenever this came on shuffle on tour it was our tour game. The whole of the white album gives me memories of that tour i love it and with the beatles my favourite song of theirs changes weekly

2. Ruby (Don't Take Your Love To Town) - Kenny Rogers
this song is amazing its about a man who comes back from vietnam in a wheelchair and his wife goes out looking for sex and he cant do anything about it and the music is really sinister listening to this is like watching a good thriller




SKy Larkin
Turn it out by DFA1979
Mr Blue Sky by ELO
River by Joni Mitchell


The Kabeedies
Nutrocker by B.Bumble and The Stingers
Wonderful Life by Black
Hava Nagila by Dick Dale and The Del-Tones